Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

I'm the same ethnicity as you are but mixed with native-american too so i use herbal essense shampoo and conditioner for natural, course, or permed hair, or motion products purple and yellow bottles



even head and shoulders.



something with protein like hair gel that's in a black container and when you open it's brown and it's what our people use or coconut grease and keep your ends trimmed every 4-6 weeks so you don't get split ends and flip your head upside down once a day to get the blood flowing and brush it from back to front and side to side. but be careful not to pull your hair out. between washes deep condition it with cholestorol cream or if you don't have that some olive oil hair lotion and carrot oil to irrigate and get all the nasty stuff out your hair so it doesn't clog your roots and hair follicles that will slow down growth and eat alot of zinc, amino acids , like in steak, chicken, liver ,yuck! fish etc. also use heat seeking spray before you blowdry your hair so you don't mess up your ph balance in your hair and mess up your naturals oils so you don't strip them out your hair either. it will look like wool or dead hair if you do that then you will have to get it cut more than it's suppose to and get your ends cut at an eight of an inch so you don't get rid of all your hard earned length.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

Eating gelatin helps keep hair healthy.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

Personally, I believe rubbing coconut oil on your hair before washing your hair is the best. Coconut oil is safe and it doesn't contain any chemicals that can ruin your hair. Try it. It works for me :-). Hope I helped.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

My mom is african american (dad is caucasian). Mom uses oil on her hair a few times a week. She's done olive oil and VO5. She puts it on and lets it sit for an hour or two. Then she conditions every day/every other day and shampoos only once a week. Her hair is short but its really healthy.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

Use a little something called shampoo and conditioner... Some men say that dog is men's best friend but girls or beauty-freaks say that Panteen or Head n' Shoulder are our best friends!!!



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

Not to be rude but its going to be hard and take many years for an african american to grow LONG hair...



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

First of all if you are adding Any chemicals to your hair stop. Chemicals make your hair weaker and more likely to break off therefore preventing it from getting longer. Also keep your hair moisturized. Always condition after washing your hair and always put oils in your hair to keep it hydrated your hair should never feel dry if it feels dry moisturize it. The last thing is keep rubber bands away from your hair because they rip it out and sleep with a satin sleeping cap on.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

A good shampoo and conditioner product for you to use would be the Garnier Fructis Length and Strenth. It helps your hair grow longer while also making it stronger and shinier. Also get you hair trimmed every month to help it grow longer faster.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

wild growth hair oil I'm on there web sit i use the oil as well my mane is Pb I'm like the first testiomy on there



http://www.wildgrowth.com/ shampoo wise i use tresmme rich moisture



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

I was in the same boat as you a few years ago until I discovered the Wanakee Verifen Complex shampoo and conditioning system. I spent years dealing with short, brittle, tangled hair (I am full African-American). I wanted it to grow and asked every woman in my family, school, and neighborhood how to grow my hair and I got a lot of helpful tips, but no step by step system. Once I discovered an actual step-by-step system, my hair's been long (1 foot or more down my back) ever since. Here's the system:



First, trim off all of your dead and split ends.



Secondly, wash your hair at least once a week. Use a leave in conditioner, comb through gently, and blow dry at a lower heat so as not to burn your hair.



Thirdly, oil the ENDS of your hair to keep them from getting dry and brittle and breaking off.



Fourth, get your split ends trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks, but only 1/8 inch each visit.



Fifth, keep your ends tucked under and out of the air as much as possible, especially at night.



Our hair is always growing at the scalp, but the only way to see length is to keep the ends trimmed and healthy.



Try this system, and I guarantee you'll see results! I did!



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

There is a site that caters to African Americans with hair issues. Try blackhairmedia.com . Try some of their tactics and pray. Think of it as a journey. try protective style and keep your hair conditioned also eat lots of protein to help hair growth. Happy growing. I look forward to seeing you at blackhairmedia.com



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

Hey their are some simple things you can do from home. I did them and they worked.



Try rubbing vitamin E and unrefined coconut into your scalp every night.



Drink Plenty of Water.



Try taking a B complex and using Beauty 4 Ashes ayurvedic scalp food ger or super gro oil. They worked for me.



Wash your hair at least once per week. I know black people don't like washing their hair too often, out of fear of being to dry. Trust me. I am an African American and my hair was stuck at the same length for months, until I start cleansing my scalp more often. If you don't want dry hair try using a good natural shampoo that are filled with good oils like GodHead Silky Smooth by Beauty 4 Ashes, Aubrey Organics or just quality semi-natural shampoos made by Carols Daugther or Ojon.



I just want to encourage and let you know that you can grow longer african american hair. I am living proof. I cut my hair and started over so many times I can count. I never thought that I could grow long hair like michael jackson and snoop without braiding my hair or getting a weave. Just be patient.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

These steps have worked for my biracial and African American hair loss clients. Thus, if you only want to increase your hair growth, you should see phenomenal results.



1) Monitor your diet. Include an ample amount of LEAN protein in your diet, 6-8 ounces per meal. To do this, increase your intake of egg whites, ground turkey, soy protein, fish, nuts, wheat germ, oatmeal, and beans. Also, eat leafy greens and fiber. Great greens are collards, spinach, alfalfa, and cabbage. Grapefruit, bananas, and certain herbs you can season your foods with, like sage, rosemary, and thyme also stimulate hair growth.



2) Replenish your body with any nutrients it needs. Many people have Vitamin C and Vitamin B deficiencies, as well as Iron. All of these are critical for healthy, longer hair. Make sure you are at least taking a multivitamin daily. For an added bonus, take silica, biotin, zinc, or amino acids. Your hair will show the difference.



3) Eliminate ALL chemicals from your hair care regime. If you have a relaxer, I understand that you cannot waive it goodbye. Nevertheless, if you do not, it is important not to overprocess your hair, not to color your hair, and not to place excessive heat on your hair. This will only exacerbate your already fragile hair. Likewise, shampoos and styling products that contain chemicals, such as sulfates, silicones, and parabens, will also hinder your hair's growth because they take necessary moisture from your already dry hair. Hair must have natural oils to grow and 99% of hair care products take away that moisture, only coating it with plastic film. You may have to spend more money, but it is worth purchasing an all natural hair growth product, such as Beauty 4 Ashes A Double Portion shampoo, conditioner, or mist. My clients who have used these products have seen substantial hair growth in a matter of months. Their hair has also become healthier. You can find their products online at wwwdiscoverb4acom or on Ebay and at certain salons.



4) Drink plenty of water. Eliminate sugary drinks and alcohols. Your hair and scalp must stay hydrated. Chemicals in your hair care products and environment already make this difficult. Do not make matters worse by drinking too little water or drinking substances that dehydrate the body.



5) Moisturize your hair daily. Apply olive and jojoba oil to your scalp 1-2 times a day. Massage it gently into your scalp. Do not apply petroleum or mineral oil based products to your hair. They will only clog the hair follicles and disrupt hair growth.



6) Style your hair as simple as possible. No tight braids, this can equate to traction alopecia. No tight ponytails. No gel weaves or extensions. No running your fingers through your hair. This causes split ends. No brushing your hair with hard bristles. You are just shredding your hair. If it does grow, you will have major split ends. They look awful.



7) Find a stylist that supports your long hair goals. You do not need to trim your hair every 6-8 weeks. This is simply untrue. Split ends look bad and can stop hair growth, but only when they are out of control. Trims are only for look, not growth. Dominican hair stylists tend to care about your hair growth concerns.



I'm African American and I was wondering how do I get my hair longer and healthier?

A good shampoo and conditioner is mane n tail. I also use sulfer 8 because it makes your hair grow healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment